Saturday, February 12, 2011

Love Poem Workshop Links

Kim Addonizio:

What Do Women Want?

Ex-Boyfriends

My Heart

Forms of Love

Writer’s Almanac Love Poems:

To My Fourth Grade Love (Margaret Chilton)

Cezanne and the Love of Color (Stephen Dobyns)

Daily I Fall in Love with Waitresses (Eliot Fried)

"Daily I Fall in Love with Mechanics" by Susan Thurston.

He Attempts to Love His Neighbors (Alden Nowlan)

Highway Five Love Poem (Ruth Swartz)

Love Poem (Donald Hall)

Love Poem (Linda Pasten)

Married Poets Craft Love Poems by the Clock

Here’s their prompt from Quickmuse:

THE ACT

By William Carlos Williams

There were the roses, in the rain.
Don't cut them, I pleaded.
They won't last, she said.
But they're so beautiful
where they are.
Agh, we were all beautiful once, she said,
and cut them and gave them to me
in my hand.

Brad Leithauser’s poem

Mary Jo Salter’s poem on the same prompt

It might be better to call this, A Big Bag of Tools:

Moves in Contemporary Poetry[

From the Poetry Foundation:
How to Write Love Poems with Adrian Blevins, Rebecca Hoogs, Cyrus Cassells and Craig Arnold.

And Love Poems of all stripe.

Simon Armitage, “You’re Beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment